Kimchi Coleslaw with Kashmir Station
A fun twist on traditional coleslaw, this kimchi coleslaw recipe is a great side dish or burger topping for summer grilling.
A couple of days ago, as explained in this post, I found a delicious-looking recipe on Food & Wine Magazine's website for an easy cucumber kimchi. I didn't have cucumbers or some of the other ingredients, so I adapted it to use a freshly picked head of golden acre cabbage from my garden. I also threw in some fresh chives and sweet basil I had growing there.
Side Dish or Burger Topping — One Recipe
You can use the kimchi slaw as a fresh, sweet & spicy summer side dish, or as a topping on our Spicy Asian Pork Burgers. Delicious!
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thai basil or sweet basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kashmir Station Exotic Flavor Fusion blend
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- Place the chopped cabbage in a glass bowl.
- Add the chives, basil, Sriracha, rice vinegar, Kashmir Station, kosher salt,
- sesame oil, agave or honey, and pepper to taste.
- Toss mixture well.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or so to allow flavors to develop.
- Taste and add more salt, Sriracha, and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or as a topping on Spicy Asian Pork Burgers.
Adapted from Food & Wine Magazine